A public dumping ground for words and pictures. Contact me at ThomasTamblyn@Gmail.com

Wednesday 21 January 2009

Broken

Well, I got the sworders coloured. I'm not really happy with them though. There's some aspect I'm overlooking and I can't work out what it is. I know the metallic effect is dodgy, but I don't think that's the big problem here.

Too little contrast perhaps? The way the sword acts as a background for the head? Lack of or wrong focal points? I'm not sure. Done is done though and I'm not sad to put them behind me.

I'm wondering if I should use more tones on fleshy areas. Faces are focal points after all, and they could use more contrast. The pale skinned ones work adequately, but dark skin in thick black linework needs brighter highlights. It might also be the tool I need for things like weatherbeaten skin - it worked for raw skin on the sea zombies.

Bleh. So much negativity here. Must do better.

No comments:

Post a Comment