A public dumping ground for words and pictures. Contact me at ThomasTamblyn@Gmail.com

Monday 10 October 2011

Wooden marionettes

Clown dolls? What was I thinking. There is no question mark there because I know exactly what I was thinking. I was thinking "I have no fucking clue how to make these interesting. maybe a delicate touch of paint as decoration? And.... now they look like clowns. Fuck it."
Well I went back to them. Improved the lineart and vastly improved the colours. Wooden colours work much better. I stalled for a while, but these magnificent clock-girls gave me the necessary kick in the behind. I  shamelessly sampled their colours for use on these guys.

I love those clock-girls so much. I tried to copy the idea of cut-outs in the legs, but I couldn't make it work here. Might bear it in mind if I do another puppet set.

No comments:

Post a Comment